SDA Social Studies Standards Addressed (1995 document)
- Social Participation #4: Identify contemporary social issues, make value judgments based on Christian principles, and become involved in seeking solutions.
- Skills #4: Analyze and synthesize information through group interaction and self-directed exploration.
- 5th-8th grade themes: Religion and beliefs, maps and globes, climate, early civilizations, elements and principles of government, missions/outreach, economic systems, physical geography, influences of world cultures, current events, cultural diversity.
Goals of Religious Education in SDA Schools Addressed (June 1988 document)
- To encourage students to accept the concept of service as a basic principle of the Christian life and as a means of sharing God's love.
- To challenge students with a sense of urgency to participate in the mission and to share the message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
SDA Language Arts Standards Address (1993 document)
- Media analysis (analyzing the web resources)
- Composition: Research reports
- Research: collect information, organize information, write/present reports
- Technology: word processing and editing
Thinking and Communication Skills
- Critical thinking
- Application of knowledge
- Teamwork and negotiation
- Presentation skills